The Fort Frances Lakers Hockey Association/Board is a nonprofit organization operating the Fort Frances Lakers Junior ‘A’ Hockey Team; a grassroots community owned and operated team! Fort Frances, International Falls and the District are historically established in hockey history and we are constantly looking for opportunities to build on that history going forward.
Our volunteer pool is passionate about supporting a Junior A hockey team in the area. You will be hard pressed to find a harder working core of dedicated volunteers! Their collective drive and desire to sustain a competitive Junior A Hockey Team is unsurpassed and impressive.
Fort Frances Lakers Hockey Association/Board Goals
- Sustainability - Operate and sustain quality organized Junior ‘A’ hockey in the area.
- Financial Responsibility - Operate within a fiscally responsible budget.
- Acknowledgement – Continually acknowledge the support of our fans, fund raising supporters, sponsors & volunteers.
- Aspiration - Aspire as players and as an organization to grow as individuals and as a hockey team.
- Leadership - All Laker’s players and board members need to act as positive role models in the communities.
- Go-Local – Buy locally with the area communities to show support for area team stakeholders.
Fort Frances Lakers
President: Gary Silander
Vice President: Wayne Allen
Treasurer: Ange Korzinski
Secretary: Amy Gushulak
Head Coach/GM: Ron MacKinnon